What Are Some Complexities Of Genetics?
1. Explain, in general terms, how genes control the phenotype of an organism.
2. Distinguish between complete dominance, incomplete dominance, and co-dominance.
3. Explain (in terms of gene function) how the heterozygous condition for flower color results in complete dominance in pea plants, but incomplete dominance in snap dragons.
4. Explain why the degree of dominance can differ depending on the level at which phenotype is examined (Hint: Tay Sach's disease is a good example).
5. Distinguish between the terms multiple alleles and polygenic inheritance and give an example of each.
6. Give two examples of interaction of the environment with genotype in determination of a phenotype.